Spinach and Feta Quiche in Phyllo cases
- 250g Mediterranean Delicacies Frozen Phyllo Pastry
- 200g Mediterranean Delicacies Greek Feta, cubed
- 100g melted butter
- 100g baby spinach sliced
- 1 onion, chopped and lightly fried
- 60g Mediterranean Delicacies Dutch Mature Gouda
- 8 eggs
- 150ml milk
- 75ml cream
- 0.5g ground white pepper
- 3g salt
1. Remove frozen phyllo pastry from freezer, place in the fridge in its original packaging and defrost for 12 hours or overnight.
2. Prepare the spinach, feta cheese, cheddar cheese and onion.
3. Make the egg mixture by combining the eggs, milk, cream, salt and pepper. Place all the ingredients together and mix with a whisk until well combined.
4. Once all the ingredients are ready melt the butter and lightly butter a 12 unit standard muffin tin to ensure that the phyllo cases do not stick to the tin when baked.
5. Place one sheet of phyllo on your working surface and brush very lightly with butter using a pastry brush. Place another sheet on top of the buttered sheet and butter lightly. Do this until you have 4 sheets.
6. Cut the sheet into 6 equal squares with a flat blade knife.
7. Place the cut squares into the prepared muffin tin, one square over the other.
8. Place even amounts of spinach, feta and fried onion in each of the phyllo pastry cases.
9. Pour even amounts of the prepared egg mixture over the spinach and feta filling, ensuring that you don't overfill the phyllo pastry case.
10. Top with equal amounts grated cheddar cheese and place in a pre-heated oven of 170 C and back for 35 minutes. 11. Remove from oven, immediately remove the cooked pastry cases from the muffin tins and serve hot.