- 4 slices of country style bread, like a large baguette, ciabatta or sourdough
- 2 fat cloves of garlic, peeled and cut in half
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 300g soft goats cheese, beaten and softened with some cream if necessary
- 12 Mediterranean Delicacies Anchovy Fillets, soaked in milk for 30 minutes, drained
- 12 Mediterranean Delicacies Calamata Style Olives, stoned and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 ripe Roma tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbs chopped parsley
- red wine vinegar
- freshly milled black pepper
- To decorate
- 8 Mediterranean Delicacies Marinated Anchovy Fillets
Toast or bake the bread in the oven, rub with the garlic, keeping the cloves for inclusion in the anchovy olive paste.
Set aside. [Or cut a baguette in half lengthwise and each half into two.]
Beat the goat's cheese and set aside.
In a stick blender bowl, place the anchovy fillets, olives, onions, tomato and parsley and blend, but not too finely. Add a touch of red wine vinegar if necessary. Season with the finely ground black pepper.
Spread the goats cheese onto the toasts.
Top with the anchovy olive paste.
Lay two white anchovy fillets like cross on top.
Serve with a small salad.