- 500g trimmed beef fillet, as uniform in shape as possible
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for sealing
- 1 Sheet Puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tub Mediterranean Delicacies Chicken Liver pate
- or Mediterranean Delicacies Chicken liver Peri Peri Pate
- 1tbsp softened butter
- A dash of red wine
- 1 large onion, sliced
- Oil for frying
- A handful of dried cranberries
- Boiling water to rehydrate
- 5 small potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups peas
Sear the fillet:
1. Season fillet and sear it in a hot pan. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Caramelise the onions 'til they are soft, sticky and golden.
3. Mix liver, melted butter, black pepper and a dash of red wine so it becomes a smooth, spreadable paste.
4. Soak dried cranberries in hot water until softened.
Put it together:
5. Roll out Puff pastry, don't remove the plastic sheet yet. Smear with liver pate, then onions and sprinkle with cranberries.
Top with cooled fillet and roll the pastry over the fillet and down again tightly. Poke the sides in like a gift, so it is completely sealed. You can use some water as glue. Paint with beaten egg, cut a line in the top of the pastry and bake in a preheated oven at 200° for 30 - 35 minutes, or until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
6. Fry potatoes on each side for about 1 minute and steam your peas for
7. Enjoy. We did.