This dressing is quite amazing. It is such a pleasure to eat as the salt, almost-bitter olives paired with sharp and vinegary capers and sweet cherry tomatoes just work so well together. I had to stop myself from eating spoonfuls straight out of the bowl before dinner.
I added lemon juice, olive oil and fresh parsley to make it into a 'dressing' and served on top of the warm chicken escalopes, it was just delightful!
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 4 large skinless chicken breasts, de-boned
- 1 cup flour, seasoned with salt & pepper for the dressing
- 1 cup Mediterranean Delicacies Calamata Style Olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp capers (if the capers you buy are packaged in salt, rinse and drain them before using)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley,
- chopped salt & pepper to taste
1. Start by pounding the chicken between two layers of cling film until approximately 1cm thick.
2. Coat the chicken in the seasoned flour and fry in a hot pan until browned on either side and cooked through (approximately 1-2 minutes per side).
3. In the meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and set aside.
4. When the chicken is cooked, remove from the pan and serve topped with the dressing.