- 7ml instant yeast
- 300g cake or bread flour
- 1 level tsp sugar
- Generous pinch of salt
- 180ml warm water
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Extra olive oil for brushing the dough
- 1 heaped tsp sea salt flakes
- 3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- For serving
- 1 tub Mediterranean Delicacies Humus
- or Mediterranean Delicacies Reduced Fat Humus
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 1 tsp lemon zest
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl (preferably the bowl of your electric mixer with dough hook attached) then slowly add in the oil and water and mix to form a dough.
2. Knead until the dough becomes smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes in an electric mixer, or 8-10 minutes by hand.
3. Lightly grease a large bowl with olive oil or baking spray (I just use the mixing bowl from my mixer) place the dough in the bowl, cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave in a warm place to rise to double its size, about 40 minutes.
4. Once it has doubled in volume, gently knock it down on a lightly floured surface.
5. At this point, pre-heat your oven to 220C. Round up the dough to form a ball and then roll out to desired size and thickness.
6. Lay the dough on a lightly greased baking tray, brush with olive oil, scatter over the sea salt flakes and press in small sprigs of rosemary haphazardly over the surface of the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through.
7.When cooked and cooled slightly, tear the foccacia bread roughly in two, mix together the cumin, lemon zest and Mediterranean Delicacies humus and serve as soon as possible.