- 400 g lamb mince
- 15 ml olive oil
- 45 ml Mediterranean Delicacies' Pinenuts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 10 ml ground cumin
- 5 ml ground coriander
- 5 ml dried oregano
- 2.5 ml smoked paprika
- 2.5 ml dried chilli
- 125 g pitted dates, finely chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- 60 ml chopped fresh coriander
- 30 ml chopped fresh mint
- zest of 1 orange (optional)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sheets of thawed out Mediterranean Delicacies' Phyllo Pastry
- 100 g butter, melted
- dried oregano for sprinkling
- 50 g wild rocket
- 60 ml pomegranate rubies
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 x tub Mediterranean Delicacies Zaatar Hummus
- 1 x tub Mediteranean Delicacies Tzatziki
In a large pan, brown the mince in olive oil then remove from the pan.
Toast the pinenuts in the same pan for a few seconds - keep a watchful eye.
Remove from the pan.
Add a little more oil if needed and fry the onion, garlic, spices and dates until softened and fragrant.
Add the mince and pinenuts back to the pan and stir until evenly combined and heated through.
Remove the mince mixture from the pan and allow to cool to room temperature in a large bowl.
Once cooled, add the feta, fresh herbs and zest - mix until well combined.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
Generously butter and layer 4 sheets of phyllo on top of one another. Spread the cooled mince mixture out and gently roll into a long sausage shape.
Trim off the edges slightly and with a sharp knife, cut into 4 equal portions.
Place onto a lined baking tray and give the phyllo rolls one last brushing of melted butter.
Sprinkle with a little oregano.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Toss the rocket, pomegranate rubies and red onion together, drizzle with some olive oil and serve with the freshly baked lamb phyllo rolls.
Enjoy with lots of tzatziki and zaatar humus.