There are few dishes as 'week-day' friendly as a good chicken bake. It's versatile and delicious while not requiring much effort from the cook. Throw everything into a oven-proof pan/dish and allow it to cool away while you get the kids bathed or drink a glass of wine (or both if you're some of my friends!!). I especially love that anything goes and you can really use this as way to get rid of some of the ingredients in your fridge. Potatoes are always a good idea and you can add bacon, chorizo (or any sausage) and any veg you like. I decided to keep it simple by using free-range chicken thighs with some of Meditteranean Delicacies Calamata-style olives, red onion wedges, dried oregano, lots of garlic and fresh lemon.Ingredients:
- 8 plump, free range chicken thighs
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 100g Mediterranean Delicacies Calamata olives
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- juice of 1 lemon
- to serve
- Mediterranean Delicacies Tzatziki
- warm pita breads
- extra lemon wedges
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
2. Place the chicken in a oven-proof pan/dish and add the red onion wedges, sliced head of garlic and calamata olives.
3. Sprinkle over the dried oregano, season to taste and drizzle over the olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Place it in the oven and allow to roast for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked throughout and the skin is golden and crisp.
5. Serve with Tzatziki, warm pita breads and extra lemon wedges.