Linguini with Coriander Pesto and Chilli Calamari
If you know anything about me at this stage, it's that I get super uber excited about delicious quick-fixes, and that I could live on linguini for the rest of my days and be as happy as a pig in, well, a pen (?!). Anyway, when the fab foodies over at Mediterranean Delicacies sent a little hamper my way this weekend, I couldn't wait to get started on sharing my new ideas with you. This linguini with the fresh Thai-style zing of the coriander pesto, and the juicy, spicy calamari is, well, epic.Ingredients:
- 1/3 packet linguini
- Olive oil
- 2 heaped Tbsp Mediterranean Delicacies Coriander Pesto
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 250g fresh squid
- 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander, for serving
Method: 1. In salted boiling water, cook the pasta according to packet instructions, drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, mix together 2Tbsp olive oil, Mediterranean Delicacies Coriander Pesto and lemon juice, and toss together with the cooked, drained pasta until it is well coated.
3. Also while the pasta is cooking, rinse the squid, drain in a colander and set aside on a plate lined with kitchen towel to dry off. (The drier the squid, the crispier the end result.) Season with the chilli, and a pinch of freshly ground salt and black pepper.
4. In a pan or (preferably) wok, heat about 4Tbsp olive oil, and when it's really hot, fry the squid for 3-4 minutes, until lightly golden and crispy.
5.Toss together with the pasta and serve in warmed bowls with another drizzle of lemon juice, olive oil and chopped fresh coriander.